Thursday, July 29, 2004

NYC Must Dos #1

While I can't complain as I sit outside watching squirrels chase each other up and down trees and the birds chirp loud enough to make me forget about the nearby highway, I still pine for many of my NYC favorites, and even for things I've always thought about doing in New York City, but have never gotten around to. I've become such a fan of keeping lists that I have decided to keep a list of things I want to remember to do when I get back to New York City.

#1: Go to Five Points for Happy Hour.
If memory serves me correctly, Five Points offers an amazing happy hour -- $5 martinis (though they will only serve you two, which, come to think about it, is plenty) and $1 oysters from 5-7 p.m. The key with this happy hour is arriving early, as the bar fills up fast and it's not nearly as pleasant to sip on martinis and snack on briney oysters if you have no where to sit. Another plus about happy hour at Five Points is that they provide some delicious snacks during happy hour gratis. Last time I was there, we had roasted corn kernels, slightly salted and much larger than the type used for popcorn, and a delicious bread basket, in addition to martinis and oysters. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home