Friday, July 09, 2004

Mustard Dill Sauce

One of the best things about staying in Canada is that I'm able to have an herb garden (my apartment in NYC has no outdoor access and doesn't get enough sunshine to keep even fake plants alive). When I first arrived in Ancaster, I planted rosemary, basil, mint, cilantro, dill and chives, and now I'm always looking for recipes to incorporate my fresh herbs into meals. I made this sauce to serve over grilled chicken breasts, and everyone loved it.

Mustard Dill Sauce

1/2 cup coarse-grained mustard
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/8 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, season with pepper, and allow to stand for about an hour for flavors to meld.

This versatile sauce can be served over grilled chicken or salmon, and it also makes a great chicken salad (just mix with cooked shredded chicken and serve on hearty sandwich bread with lettuce and tomato).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home