Saturday, February 03, 2007

She's Back

Well, now that I've been staying home a lot, I'm one of the few pregnant women who seems to have gotten myself into cooking even more. I like having this site as a way to record the recipes I try that I like (& might want to try again) so I'm going to attempt to revive it and post some of the recent successes I've had.

Lemony Chicken & Green Bean Stirfry

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces green beans, trimmed & Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • zest of one lemon
  • 3 T Thai fish sauce
  • 3 T sugar
  • 2 t ground coriander
  • 1 t tumeric
  • 1/2 C chicken broth
  • 2 T oyster sauce
  • pinch of ground red pepper (to taste)
Directions:
  1. Cook beans in boiling water until tender. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking.
  2. Heat oil in non-stick pan over high heat. Stirfry chicken, onion & garlic about 4 minutes (chicken shouldn't be completely cooked).
  3. Add lemon zest, fish sauce, sugar, coriander & tumeric and cook for about 2 more minutes.
  4. Add beans, broth & oyster sauce, reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce thickens and chicken is fully cooked, about 4 minutes longer.
  5. Adjust seasoning and serve over rice.

1 Comments:

Blogger holly_44109 said...

sounds good...looking forward to more recipes!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home